- Learn the basics of how to assess children of all ages using clinical footage & evidence based material
- Following on from the highly successful & acclaimed Spotting The Sick Child DVD
- Commissioned by the UK Department of Health
- Supported by national organisations
- Real life cases
- A useful resource for professional development or as teaching material for others
Frontline Health Professionals involved in acute assessment of children. For example:
- Doctors & Nurses in Emergency Departments
- Paediatric Doctors & Nurses in training
- General Practitioners
- Doctors in Foundation Programmes
- Emergency Care Practitioners, Paramedics & Technicians
- Medical students
- Nurse Practitioners & GP Practice Nurses
- Health Visitors & School Nurses
- Entirely online in a user-friendly environment
- Over 5 hours of new video footage of real patients
- Symptoms: Learn to assess 7 common symptoms
- My Waiting Room: Test yourself on real patients at your own pace
- My Learning: Customise your own learning environment & track your progress
- Resources section with evidence based guidelines
- Professional Development Certification
IMPORTANT MESSAGE – PLEASE READ
If you have registered on this old version of Spotting the Sick Child, please note that you must register on the new site immediately. This old version of SSC will be switched off on 18 July 2016 and your progress will not be saved or transferred to the new version. If you are close to finishing the course on the old version, you must do so before 18 July 2016.
Click here to access the old version of SSC.
Please be advised the http://www.spottingthesickchild.com website will be offline for maintenance on Monday June 27 from 11:30AM to 14:30PM.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.